Friday, September 30, 2011

Meditation for the Day from 9-29-11



How do I get strength to be effective and to accept responsibility?  By asking the High Power for the strength I need each day.  It has been proved in countless lives that every day I live, the necessary power shall be given me.  I must face each challenge that comes to me during the day, sure that God will me to me the strength to face it.  For every task that is given me, there is also given me the power necessary for the performance of that task. I do not need to hold back.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may accept every task as a challenge.  I know I cannot wholly fail if God is with me. 
--Twenty-Four Hours a Day    1975 by Hazlden Foundation 

Once I found out that I have a form of dementia (mine is Alzheimer’s Disease) I could start to find what I can do.  It has been a challenge.  Not easy!   I went to the Alzheimer’s Association  for information, to Senior Service, to the computer, and with other persons that have the disease or the caregivers.  I learned that if I am challenged my mind/brain slows me down.  When I start to think that I failed the challenge, I remember my brain is still working. 

But the best thing I can do is to follow my God’s will, by doing that, God will give me strength and power, when I need it. 

God will do it for All! 


No comments:

Post a Comment