Monday, September 12, 2011

I JUST GOT BLESSED!


Welcome to the I CAN! I WILL! Library
This is a new website that will be a blessing for those who have some type of dementia.  It will be a blessing for caregivers and more. 
One of the programs:  Send us your ideas.  So I did. 
Here is my idea:  Help us learn how to speak out.  Teach people in the early stages of dementia to speak, share, and tell people we are still alive. 
Hi:
I am Sara Parkin, in Midland, MI USA, and I have Alzheimer’s Disease.  I am a retired nurse and now am a caregiver for my mom. 
My idea is to have more persons in the early stages of dementia of all kinds to Speak Out for those that can't. 
Right now we are able to talk, to see, to care, to make a difference for those are struggling.  There are many classes for Caregivers and they need more.  
I have not seen many classes for early stage persons.  I think we could have a program to help us learn how to speak, how to share, how to tell our caregivers that we are still alive, that we can do things and we will.
The people who should hear about this idea: 
·         Any one who will listen to us.  
·         Doctors that say, "you are just getting old."
·         Family members that do not listen because they "know" what we want.
·         The early stage persons that think they are sick and can't make a difference.
God is amazing.  I was not sure if God was pushing me to do things that I can’t do.  Probably not! I think now that He is showing that if I let go of my will and follow His will:  I CAN!  I WILL! 
I think that all of us can use these words:  I CAN!  I WILL!

Rejoice in the lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice!               Philippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment