Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A True Strange Day

A True Strange Day
[Usually, I act as the editor for Sara’s blog postings.  When I do this, I correct the spelling and the sentence construction so that you understand what she is really trying to say.  She knows what she wants to say, but the tools of communication aren’t easy for her anymore.  Today she wanted to let you know what her typical blog post looks like before it’s gone through the “Sister-Filter.”  :-)
-- Sara’s Sister, Penny]

(When I write today I will be writing as I normal write in my journal. That you might have to wonder:  what did she say?  In the past and hoping to still, My sister looked over the writings, the words and clean it up so you can read it.  Not today! ) 

 June 11, 2011  
I woked up this morning at 5:15 AM and  on the way to the bathroom.  Back to the bedroom to I whent to my knees to pray that God will take care of today, to listen to God what He wants me to do today.  I also asked him that I will remember my life has to be in Gods will, not mine.  Then I prayed  The Serenity Prayer. 
I got back in to bed to have quite time to know that God is here.   Sometimes I think that God gives me a nunge me so my brain might that I have to do today.
With out knowing – I went back to sleep and had a dream.   I got up to get dressed and off the Farmers Market.  Driving by myself  I was pretty sure  how to get there.  Strated one way –no!  Turn aroud.  I was by down by a river and I was asking people how to get where I need to be.  They didn’t know I could not use the words “farmers market”  I was using the words that said: the food place!  One person told me to go to a restaurant. It was not what I needed and left the building. I could not find my keys, my jacket or my money.
I woke up  and very scared for a second.  I was still in my jammies , under the blanket.  Thank You, Lord!

Last night my sister cslled me to let me know that mom and her were going to the Farmers  want then to pick Market in the morning and would I pick up something for me.  I wanted to go also and I would drive to the market and meet up with them.    I can still drive.  When will I have to let go? 
Yesterday, I went to my Chiropractor (Butch found that word for me,  SMILE) and a friend was just leaving and we talked.  She told me she liked my blog,  especially when I was sharing my life as an alzheimer’s person.  It is not easy. So I don’t often share much  when I am in the down time, scared, sad, mean, or angry.
 
After breakfast,  I went to the mall alone to return some closes that did not fit me.  When I got there the store had left being in the mall.  Now what!  I am at the south end of the mall and I need to get to the far north end.  Do I walk all the way or go out and drive down?  Walk? Hmm!  All  the way up and back takes up time.  Make a chose!  OK  I need to walk, it is good to the brain that helps me to smarter.  I walked.  I made it down there. Bought to tops, walked back, got in the car and went to another store down the road. 
I knew what I wanted: purple tees on sale and I had a coupon for $10.  I looked quite a long time and found them.  Tried them on, and was ready to leave the area and go pay for them.  Where is my purse?  I can’t find it. I looked at all the area, it is not there.  I went to the cheak out and asked her to hold my closes, I think I left my purse in my car.  I was on the way to melting down and crying.  What am I going to do? I have done it before and God kept me mostly cool but my temp was moving.  Opened the door and the purse was on the seat.  My mind was a mess,  I did cry, I told myself I am so stupid. I am an idiot.  Then I said: Thank You Lord!   And, I cooled down.   I went home.  Had lunch,  cleaned the dishes, and took a nap, 

The rest of the day was normal.  I had a shower and soked in the tub.  Got on my jammies on at 4:00pm, sat in my chair with the computer in my lap and the TY on, cooked my dinner, ate my meal in my lap,TY still on, put the dishes in the sink, back to computer.  Trought out the day,  when I was home, I would be talking with Butch.  A lot of the times I was saying to him: How do I spell  jammies, where are we going tomorrow,  Butch,  what day is this.  I hate that.  Most of the time we just normal talking.  I like that better. 
This day is different then yesterday  and tomorrow.   The words I lost yesterday I may know them and use them without help,  I may know that I am not stupid, I am smart.  I may know where my keys are, where my purse is, what day is, time it is,  or it could be a mix. 
This is the end of June 11, 2011

2 comments:

  1. I Love you and am so proud of you for being so brave. May God's peace be with you today and help you to continue to be the inspiration you are to many. Love, Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara-

    I am so proud of you and your blog! And even more for you to be strong enough to show the vulnerable side of you! You are such an inspiration, and I am blessed to call you a friend.

    Keep on writing! It's great exercise for your brain! And that 'Resource Booklet' too!

    Take care and keep in touch this summer!

    Best,
    Erin Wallace

    ReplyDelete