Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thank You, Lord

Thank You, Lord
Today, I’m focusing on talking to my Lord. My life has changed.  I am not happy about some of the changes I have been given.  Alzheimer’s Disease is making the changes.  Some changes I can’t change, but there are changes I can make.  The first thing I need to do is get on my knees (or sometimes while laying in bed):  Lord, I pray, Your will, not mine.  

Thank You, Lord for the following:
  
When you took me to the mountain top
When you were with me in the valley
When you healed me out of sickness
When I’m angry and you calmed me down
When you remind me that I am alive
When you remind me to say: I’m sorry
When you forgave me
When you helped me forgive others
When you listen to me and answered my prayers
When I am in a pit, you pulled me out
When I remember that you are unconditional love
When you gave me the words that I could not find
When I cry, you are here
When I laugh, praise you and dance with you
When it is hard for me to focus
When I know you are here
When you give peace, hope, strength, love  

Thank You, Lord

Philippians 4:4-7 (New Revised Standard)

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. 6 Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment