Sunday, July 17, 2011

MedicAlert + Alzheimer’s Association Safe Return


When I was in Canada, my friend Tara asked me if I had a bracelet to keep me safe.  She told me that you can get different kinds of bracelets.  I felt, not now, don’t need it yet.  When I came home I told Butch what she had said.  Hmm!   Maybe!   

After looking in the computer I saw MedicAlert  +  Alzhermer’s  Association connected   I liked the way they help to keep me from being lost or been physically hurt, safe.  Now you have to know that girls like jewelry from the time when the nurse put the bracelet on our wrists.  Why?  So we did not get lost and our parents could find us safe.  The bracelet had my name, my parents names, Dr’s names and any other information needed.  When we got home, our bracelet was put away in a box or an album to remember that we came home safe.

Four weeks ago I called them on the phone for information and I thought it I could do this program.  Seeing the bracelets on the computer I was looking for a purple bracelet.  They asked me if we would like to have an Enrollment Form and a Catalog for bracelet.  Yea, I did.  The bracelets range from: free to 2000 dollars.  I was all over that catalog.  The free one comes with the program.  There are gobs of colors.  I wanted a purple one.  As it happened, as a Alzheimer’s Person it comes purple. 

Last week we called for questions and they helped us to finish the form and send it to them.    May not need it yet but won’t hurt to use it.  Hey, I could be walking and trip and hit my head on the sidewalk and was not able to give information.  My bracelet can!
Oh!    I picked out a Dark Purple (free) and paid for one Light Lavender for only $ 9.95.    (SMILE)



MedicAlert® + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return® is a 24-hour nationwide emergency response service for individuals with Alzheimer's or a related dementia who wander or have a medical emergency. We provide 24-hour, nationwide assistance, no matter when or where the person is reported missing.

Enrollment in the MedicAlert + Safe Return program includes:

  • Individualized emblem engraved with MedicAlert + Safe Return's 24-Hour emergency response number. 
  • Live 24-hour emergency response service for wandering and medical emergencies 
  • 24-hour family notification service during wandering incidents and medical emergencies. 
  • 24-hour relaying of key medical information to emergency responders 
  • 24-hour care consultation services provided by master's level counselors 

If an individual with Alzheimer's or a related dementia wanders and becomes lost, caregivers can call the emergency response line (1.800.625.3780) to report it. A community support network will be activated, including local Association chapters and law enforcement agencies, to help reunite the family member or caregiver with the person who wandered.
If a citizen or emergency personnel finds the member, they can call the toll-free number listed on the member's ID jewelry. MedicAlert + Safe Return will notify the member's listed contacts, making sure the person is returned home.

Next: ID Jewelry






For $49.95 + $4.95 shipping and handling, you receive an enrollment package including:
Member's ID jewelry with personalized information and MedicAlert + Safe Return's 24-hour emergency toll-free number. Jewelry choices include a stainless steel bracelet or pendant.
  • Personalized emergency wallet card
  • 24-hour emergency response service
  • Personal health record (PHR)
  • Six Steps to a Safe Return magnet

(Optional) Add $30 for caregiver ID jewelry and membership
  • Membership includes everything listed above
  • The caregiver wears this worldwide-recognized ID jewelry to alert others that he or she provides care for a MedicAlert + Safe Return member, in case of an emergency
  • It's like getting an additional membership with all the benefits for half the price!
$30 annual renewal fee
An annual fee of $30 will be due after the first year for each membership.
Next: Enroll Now
 There are four easy ways to enroll in MedicAlert + Safe Return:
  1. Online: Enroll online.
  2. Call: 1.888.572.8566.
  3. Mail: Complete and mail in the enrollment form.
Completed enrollment form and photos can be mailed to:

MedicAlert + Alzheimer’s Association Safe Return
2323 Colorado Blvd.
Turlock, CA 95380
  1. Fax: Complete and fax form to 1.800.863.3429

_______________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Its a nice post.Its very informative post.I like your post.Thanks for this post.............

    ReplyDelete