Thursday, July 14, 2011

Let's Talk Words #3

Love, Joy, Hope, Peace,

Love
It took a long time for me to understand what true love means.  The word love was used in many ways.  I heard “I love you” from my family members, girlfriends, boyfriends and God .  Love in my life was crazy.  I grew up believing if you did something bad, God would punish us. Even with God, I could not understand how He loved people.  Sometimes I didn’t think that He loved me, but if I was a good girl He would love me again.  In my past, I was a lover.  I would do anything to try to make people love me and I would do anything to make it happen.  It did not work.   I needed to grow up some more.  And, I did.  In my late 50’s I had some mental, physical and spiritual problems all at the same time.   Had a breakdown from stress at work, needed surgery on my foot that put me in my home for 5 months, and I could not get out of my house unless someone helped me.  I did watch lot of TV.  But, I liked reading all kinds of books, mostly fiction.  I read my Bible, devotions and one day I picked up a book (can’t remember the name) that changed my life.  I learned about true love. What did I learn?  God is Unconditional Love. 
I will believe this till I am home in His Living arms.  God is the one that teaches me to love others.  Read this and pass it along to others, from Romans 8: 38-39:  
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the Love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  
God is unconditional Love!

Joy
 Philippians 4:4-7   Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say, Rejoice.   Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near.   Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

These Scriptures have been in my life it seems like forever.  When I worry, get mad, or scared, I go to this passage that reminds me that God is with me and will get me through the nights, the crying, the fear.  And He makes me smile. He fills my heart and my soul.  He gives me the way to have joy.  Even in the trials there is times He makes me laugh.  He helps me to connect to others like me to praise Him, to love him, to share our joy whenever we can by His will.  I have the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy, down in my heart!
I am never alone and neither are you.   Praise God in all things.  No matter what is going in our life, we can walk through the valleys, going up to the mountains, to have the Joy of God.  Rejoice!  And again I say Rejoice!

Hope
I am having a hard time in this blog.  It does not let me write what I want to say.  I have a lot of hope, maybe too much?  No, there is never too much.  What is blocking my words?  I started to share Hope two weeks ago.  Why can’t I do this?  Hope is want I need. 
Yesterday, I went to the dictionary to find what it had for me.  Hope was there and I was surprised the word trust popped up in my face.  Hope and trust work together.  With trust, I have hope.   What do I hope for?  Many hopes!  
Hope will always keep me through the trials that are in front of me.  God will be in front of me.  I hope that I can use the gifts that God gave me to share love to all of God’s children.  I hope that the joy will always be in me.  I hope to keep singing and dancing with Praise.  I hope that I will know my loved ones.  I hope that when I go Home with God, that my loved ones will be celebrating my homecoming.

Job 11:13-18 (New American Standard Bible)
13 “If you would direct your heart right
And spread out your hand to Him,
14 If iniquity is in your hand, put it far away,
And do not let wickedness dwell in your tents;
15 “Then, indeed, you could lift up your face without moral defect,
And you would be steadfast and not fear.
16 “For you would forget your trouble,
As waters that have passed by, you would remember it.
17 “Your life would be brighter than noonday;
Darkness would be like the morning.
18 “Then you would trust, because there is hope;
And you would look around and rest securely.

Peace

I need peace in my life.  Peace is hard to get now.  But I can get peace if I let go and let God take over my life.  Right now as I am writing I am trying to put these words together so they make sense.  That makes me anxious and angry.  It has taken 5 minutes to finish 2 sentences.   What next?  Well, I am going to put the computer down.  I have to If I am going to find peace.  Think I will make my breakfast and sit down with my husband, if I can get him off of his computer.  LOL   I will be back.  Peace!

 We have many ways that we can share words that can mean Peace :  calm, quiet, stillness, tranquility, silence, harmony, serenity.  Silence is hard for me.  Yet, when I can have silence, then I get to hear God.

John 14:27   Peace I leave with you.  My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.  
Philippians 4:7   And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, guard your hearts and your minds in Christ. 

Music, songs are in my heart.  Sometimes I like to read the words out loud.  I pray the songs, I dance with the music.  I Praise God, Christ, and Holy Spirit out loud, soft, quiet, joyful and tearful.  One of my peace songs is, “Let there be Peace on Earth”.  It makes me remember it is not all about me.  It is about all of our world. And, that we can make a difference.  One day at a time we can call a friend in need so they can hear they are loved and can have a time of peace.  There are many ways to share peace.  We all have gifts from God.  Let us use them. 

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth.  The peace that was meant to be.
With God as our Father, Brothers all are we
Let me walk with my brother in perfect harmony
Let peace begin with me.  Let this be the moment now
With every step I take, let this be my solemn vow
To take each moment, And live each moment, in peace eternally
Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me!
(Lyrics and music composed by Sy Miller and Jill Jackson)

My next blog will be focused on:  Prayers, Family and Friends.   Think about our prayers, our family and our friends.  What do they mean to you?  Share with others who need to hear your stories.  Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment