Thursday, January 31, 2013



  Let Us Remember God Is With Us,  All The Time



John 14:1-2

New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Comforts His Disciples
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, to you!  I
 love you all.  Please forgive me for not calling , talking, remembering, even the church!  My family, my friends, and everyone that reads my Blog, I thank you.  Alzheimer’s is slowing me down.  I will keep sharing what I can, driving (not at night), walk, talk, the best is Laughter.  Butch has been helping me with letters, here and there, now I am slowing down.  I often have to call out to him, “ Butch, how do I spell the word laughter and I know lauter is not right and he tells me where to put the letters, and I need to remember to say, thank you Butch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6th     Through the month have had many ups and down.   Of course, people are dealing with Flu and other illnesses, meetings, eating out, dancing, sports, working and being with our families and friends.
And my Mom was sick, Penny called at 6 am to tell me that mom has to go to the hospital. Mom is on the 5th floor, thankfully having an elevator because Penny had to hold on to mom to help her walk.   When they got downstairs, Penny called for 911 and they got there fast.
Now, I was out of bed, clothes on, Penny called she was on the way and wanted to meet at the hospital.  When I got there mom was on the bed.  They took her up to the 5th floor.  (Shhh, don’t tell anyone that I turned the wrong way going to see mom.) So I got a little lost, but I found her and we all laughed.
The worst time came at the hospital when Mom took a nap before her dinner came:  The food came and I said to mom, “ your food is here”, she did not respond.  I kept speaking and Penny called to tell the nurse what was happening.  She did not wake up for about an hour.  Penny and I were scared. Mom went home on the 4th day!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7th.   What a great day at New Hope Valley in Saginaw, Michigan. New Hope is a new assisted living facility on Center Road that had its grand opening ribbon cutting ceremony. There were so many people. Rumi Shahzad, managing director at New Hope Partners LLC was welcomed by the Saginaw Chamber of Commerce, supporters and partners at this ceremony.  The 45 bed, 27,000 square feet facility is beautiful and is now open and accepting residents. I was blessed to be a part of this ribbon cutting event along with Saginaw’s chamber president, Bob Van Deventer, commerce ambassador chair, Amy Buben and Timothy Brawn, Saginaw Township supervisor. There was food, music, tours, laughter, joy, love, excitement and appreciation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11th    Subject:  Memory Care training for New Hope Assisted Living Facility employing the Montessori Method. Tom and Karen Brenner led this training for memory care needs.  I am forwarding a link to their website that provides more color on their approach.
http://www.brennerpathways.org/about/

We had a phenomenal response for jobs with over 1,000 applicants.  Our first 17 employees are on board and now we are structuring various training programs for them to equip them with the right tools to support the residents. I was really glad to be a part of this training.  There was much to learn, but I listened.  In April they will return and bring additional information to help us to take care of the residents.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alzheimer’s Disease” by the Field Neurosciences Institute and the Alzheimer’s Association about 17th- I attended a conference, “New Insights from Research on the Causes and Potential Treatments of research being done in Saginaw and Mt. Pleasant conducted at the FNI labs, CMU and SVSU together with St. Mary’s of Michigan. The presenters were almost all doctors and many people there wanted to know how the research would help them. I am so happy that somebody invited me and it was a great night.  There were many people there and lots of questions and answers.

28th   On a News  Channel  11,
Monday morning, McClaren Bay Region retirees, of which I am and was apart of, came together to find out why they were overpaid on their pensions, and would have to pay back the money.
70 employees were underpaid on their pensions, while 213 were overpaid a total of about $832,000.
see their monthly pension checks reduced. Katherine Lattimore of Saginaw has to pay back $11,000.

These sentences were quoted by me in the newspaper, “Sara Parkin says her monthly pension check will be cut in half."Actually, it's what it is, we're going to have to do it, we're going to have to do it," she said.  As far as I know, this was an honest mistake and we are told McClaren is working with the IRS which may take at least 12-18 months to forgive the interest on the money we would have to pay back. McClaren may pick up the interest so the people do not have to pay it according to the IRS.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
28th-Rumi emailed and asked for a bio and picture from me that I will share here too.
Sara Parkin is an activist who campaigns on behalf of those who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s  Disease.  She encourages people to e proactive in all aspects of their health, and especially advocates early awareness and diagnosis of all forms of dementia.  She is a Regional Council member of the Alzheimer’s Association Greater Michigan Chapter Central Michigan Region.  As a volunteer of the Alzheimer’s Association, she is a frequent guest speaker at events throughout the region and promotes fundraising for Alzheimer’s research.  Sara views her own diagnosis of Early Stage Alzheimer’s as a blessing because she feels empowered to live her life and focus on helping others with this disease learn how to find the support they need to live with such a diagnosis, too.

31st    I am so happy to share this to you!  The first residents have been coming in, here they are: 9th Fred, 12th   James,  22nd  Earl and  25thLorrine.   When you come in to see New Hope Valley say Hi and I know you will be smiling, I will be smiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proverbs 3:5-6
New International Version (NIV)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight January 1-2013
God is right. I need to stay on the right path, sometimes I get off, but I know He will always be there with me, All the Time, All the Time. God is Good, ALL THE TIME.

I know that most of you know that I receive help with my writings from my friend, Terri.  Terri is a awesome person that I love and care about her.  She will help those in need, she will be there!  Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment