Friday, March 1, 2013


My Time in February
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105
Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” John 21:22.

New International Version (NIV)

In my daily devotional, “Jesus Calling” written by Sarah Vaughn, for the day February 29th (although we don’t have a Feb.29th this year), this meditation was meant for me to read. Excerpts remind me, I’m on the right path, to listen more to Jesus, and less to my doubts, that He is leading me along the way He designed for me; it will be lonely humanly speaking. But it goes on to remind, that He goes before me as well as alongside me and that I am never alone. It further reminds me that God is revealing my path of life day by day and moment to moment.  Jesus says to me, “Follow Me”.
So today, in looking back over February and remembering what God told me three days after my diagnosis, He said, “You are alive, you have things to do, and Let’s go. So, I will follow Him.

4th      Nursing Breakfast
We met to discuss the Benefit Pension Plan under scrutiny that I mentioned in January. We discussed at great length, but I am trusting God for the best outcome. The breakfast was great, visiting and sharing our stories was fun. Laughter,laughter, laughter in spite of the problems.
5th      Lunch with Garlynn (my step daughter) and when we sat down, then the words did not stop.  She told me about Cali, my granddaughter, a 16 yr old Junior who is Awesome.

The International Brain Bee is a neuroscience competition for secondary students. Students compete locally, feeding into national and then international competition. Cali placed first in the regional competition and is heading to Baltimore, MD, in March, to compete in the National Competition.   When she goes to Baltimore she wants to look around the Johns Hopkins University. Today, they go to Baltimore and she needs a lot of prayers, but also has other upcoming competitions and exams coming up that I’ll share with you next month.
                    
6th     Because I am a food addict, I go to a weekly meeting. Normally I have meetings on Wed at 10:00-11:30 and so I go to Harvey’s and have lunch with a friend afterward and then on to New Hope Valley. I like to connect with the residents there and I meet the new people and sometimes walk with them and listen to their stories.
Also on this day, was the first meeting of the month for the Alzheimer’s Support Group that I went to afterward in Freeland.  My mother and sister came also and we had a great day.  It was a full, wonderful and exciting day, but after I got home, I needed to rest.
13th    We had an Advisory Council meeting at New Hope Valley. It focused on how we could better share information with residents, for instance using Skype to communicate with families, including bringing that technology to all resident’s rooms including those who are bedridden.
15th  I went to Senior Services to take care of the plants.  Butch and I went to New Hope to pick up Alzheimers  information and then to lunch at Harvey’s. We then went to find were I will be speaking at

20th   I was at a Saginaw for Meeting 10:00-11:30, which was a new Training Day at  New Hope Valley, for new  Employees and the those who are working now. I never know what awaits me when I go and its wonderful.

23rd    This day involved my friend Fernanda of Brazil.  To raise funds to get her a ticket to come to the U.S, we had a Spaghetti supper in Caro, with Josie and her husband. Josie attends the Caro church and started the effort.  It was held Saturday at 5:00; then at 6:30, three of us shared our experiences of our recent trip to Brazil.
25th   On this day, I spoke at Meadow View Manor in Saginaw about:  Speaking Out, Not Giving Up, and Living the Rest of our Lives.  I also spoke to the caregivers, teaching,  “We have Alzheimer’s disease, but it is not who we are”. 
28th I met with Jeanne Schaller and Marge Darger who are the two who started a program, that I cannot remember right now, but I do remember it was about a 10 year program re: Peace and Justice the love, the caring, and the children of our future. I suggested putting together an essay contest for kids interested in Peace and Justice which we’ll pursue.
We are in a leap year, so we’ll be seeing you in March.
I am so glad to be here and love all of you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment